- We do not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or address. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- Any personal information you do provide is protected under the Health Professions Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- We use software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our website. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site.
- We do not regularly use “cookies” to track how our visitors use the site. Whenever we enable “cookies” to facilitate your transactions we will first inform you.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except CARTA personnel who need the information, e.g., to respond to a request.
- If you join a CARTA online discussion group, we may ask you to volunteer personal information such as your name and e-mail address for the purposes of effective administration of the discussion group. In some cases, our groups are limited to member only discussions and as such cannot be accessed by the general public. We will notify you as to whether you are joining a closed (limited) or open (public) discussion.
For questions or comments regarding this policy or for additional information about the administration of the Health Professions Act at CARTA, contact the Registrar (privacy officer) or call 1-800-205-2778 in Calgary call 274-1828.